Cal Energy develops new technology to push the advancement and implementation of California’s Building Energy Standards.
The California Energy Commission established the California Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24) to improve the health, safety, and economic well-being of Californians. These Standards (Energy Code) are revised every three years to reduce inefficient and wasteful energy use new and existing buildings. Cal Energy works closely with the California Energy Commission and local Building Departments to implement these standards.
Cal Energy is the online collaboration hub that brings the right people, information, and tools together to realize California's Energy Code. Builders, Contractors, Architects, Energy Consultants, HERS Raters and other industry stakeholders use Cal Energy to document compliance with the requirements of California Energy Code. Building Departments verify project compliance with Building Energy Code in Cal Energy prior to issuing a certificate of occupancy or final sign-off.
Our Technology Platform
We develop new ways for building professionals to coordinate and implement California’s building energy code. Our technology platform features:
- Simple, Mobile Interface – Intuitive navigation through the complex energy code documentation process
- Activity Wall – Keep the Title 24 conversation in one spot. Add important notes and pictures every project member can review
- Documents & File Storage – Every project includes a space to share pictures, documents and important files. Since everyone on the project has access, people will know exactly where to find everything
- Notifications – Your alert system for new activity, tasks, comments, and more
- Building Department Access – Fast access and compliance verification for Building Department officials